Import/resume video layout with pictures

All about the program
DavidH

18 Jul 2016, 04:15

Hello,

I really like your software, but there's a function I can't find or maybe it is unavailable.

So I imported my video file and started working on it using the ability to snap pictures manually at different times.
I decided to use the function to record all pictures taken in a recursive folder.

I then click on "Start" to generate the great picture map made from all the Thumbnails generated. Since everything is in memory, I can do any change to the thumbnails and regenerate the picture map by clicking play.

Now my question: Once you reopen Video Thumbnails Maker, is there a function to be able to load back or import the movie file and image layout INCLUDING thumbnails that were previously associated with the movie in order to be able to edit, let's say, a single image from the picture map and regenerate the picture map with the picture edited after you have closed the software the first time you created it ?

Thanks !
admin
Site Admin

18 Jul 2016, 19:47

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback.
VTM was created mostly for automated batch work with video files.
So "Choose shots manually" function does not support saving of your custom image layout to a work file. Your custom layout just disappears after you close VTM.
I can add the possibility to save your work to a file, so you can get back to it later, but it requires certain amount of time.
Currently I am short of time, so I can not promise anything, but I will add your request to the wish list!
DavidH

19 Jul 2016, 01:23

Thank you very much, I will certainly look for it. I am using your software to generate image maps from videos for a virtual video game museum I am running. So being able to save a separate project file for each video that associates thumbnails layout with picture files is essential, since I will have to deal with about 100 different videos and choose shots manually for most of them before generating image map. I can't redo everything each time I change a picture on the map or close VTM :lol:

As a side note, "choose shots manually" crashes with CCCP video CODEC and H 265 video format. It works fine for other formats. I had to install K-LITE CODEC for it to work.

Best Regards,