PicturesThumbnailsViewer as a portable program

All about the program
Charles1972

21 Aug 2016, 18:28

Is it possible to use PicturesThumbnailsViewer.exe as a portable program without installing it on a Windows computer? I wish to put videos and vtx files on a thumb-drive for family members. It could be associated with a portable version of VLC Player on the same disk. I have tried playing around with the PicturesThumbnailsViewer.exe file and various dll files, but can't get it portable.

I love the program. However, I also have a few suggested improvements for future releases.

1. We already have the ability to "Skip video file if ALL required pictures EXIST on the disk.” Is it possible to also delete jpg and vtx files if the original video file has been deleted or move elsewhere? At present new files are created for new videos added in a directory, but links to old deleted files are still retained. The only way I can see to delete these is by deleting each jpg and vtx file separately.

2. Can the "Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp" window be made resizable? At present the window opens in only one size and I can't see how to make the program full screen. It would be nice to be able to scroll down the page to see how many files are still left. I see that the number is listed, but...
admin
Site Admin

21 Aug 2016, 23:26

Hello and thank you for your post.

PicturesThumbnailsViewer.exe requires Microsoft .NET to be isntalled.
I know third-patries repack VTM to run as a single executable file, but I am not responsible for that and not planning to do it by myself.

1. I fully understand your request. I have created Videonizer project to manage and organize video collection, so I think your request is more for Videonizer.
2. I am sorry, but currently the window size is fixed.