Blacklist for Tags, Actors & Sites

All about the program
senxhrs652

23 Jul 2020, 04:15

I tried finding info for not allowing entries to auto-tagging tags not valid. Example: made a tag with "son" and filenames with Anderson pickup tag; tag with "Karina" get picked up even if I change the filename to ka ri na. Changing file names to prevent tags seems inefficient when importing 2000 files at once. If we could have a way to blacklist tags on those unique entries that have similar tags or even same tags like an actress with a common name the same name but not actual interested party. I think it would be simple like using shift and right-click on the tag to put a red X on it and make the entry ignore future auto-tag runs on the database. I made an image what i have in mind.

As you can see I take action movies seriously only, heh. For now the tags is making importing new entries annoying. The Actors and Sites not priority but I don't see how it would not help others tuning their database to their liking.

Thanks, and again awesome program! I wished you would make a Linux version of this program. I searched and there is nothing close to what this program has to offer. Most are old school for VHS tapes like tracking entries for lending movies out lol.
admin
Site Admin

23 Jul 2020, 08:29

I can add an option to auto puck up only exact matches.
Will it satisfy your needs?
For instance, if you have the "son" tag, and a filename with "anderson", the tag "son" will not be pick uped.
Only filenames like "son_123" or "of son.mp4" will suit the pattern in that case.

Regarding Linux - need to check the possibility.
senxhrs652

23 Jul 2020, 16:54

Yeah that would work, an option for exact match for auto-tags. Might come in handy having the relaxed pickup tags as well but an exact rule option is ideal, thanks. :)

LINUX dude...seriously DO IT!! There are a lot people in the Linux world that have a windows install just for some progs they like to use but can't find anything Linux compatible. And they hate it. Your program is one of the few reasons I still keep a windows install around. You have untapped market in Linux world for this database management software. Many may say but they have Plex and wadda wadda prog too, but they all access your files and search internet and crazy setups sometimes. I like your software cause I do everything offline and create my own tags and previews.

I think the robust kernels in the Linux OS might give your program a boost. Running windows on an old 2 core Intel chip is pain, but with a Linux XFCE OS it flies and usable. I made an old laptop be a brain for a cluster of my old comps to compute data, basically made a super computer with old tech with distributed parallel operations. I was just thinking that might speed up the rendering of screen lists using that distributed jobs with a hive brain but, I think it’s overkill for previews of videos ;)

I think you will like the Linux world much easier to do things without windows slowing everything down with background operations we have no idea they are sometimes. Just search for video database management for Linux and you will see they from 1980 all the programs when we used to rent VHS tapes :lol:
admin
Site Admin

28 Jul 2020, 14:58

BTW, did you consider turning Autopick up option OFF in Settings?
Just curious.
senxhrs652

02 Aug 2020, 23:59

Yeah just tried it with Autopick up option OFF. I thought that was for just adding tags while importing only? But turning it off or on still results with entries picking up the the tags like "son" with "anderson" every time I remove it from the entries' tag list options. I even added spaces around the tag " son " and it still gets added to "anderson" entries.