Don't unterstand the function of "select current animation frame"

All about the program
gonzo_the_real

17 May 2021, 20:13

Hello,

I am trying to understand the function of "select current animation frame" setting in the cache setting within the "Multimedia View Settings" window .

If I set it to "off". -> inside the screenlist i can still choose one of the preview pics or one frame from the animation (brilliant feature by the way!!) for the tile in main window
And if I switch it "on" -> i don't find the possibility to take one of the animation frames

Can You please help me to understand?

Many thanks, G
admin
Site Admin

18 May 2021, 08:43

Hello,

You will be surprised, but it refers to the currently displayed frame of animation.
That means you can capture it on the fly.
gonzo_the_real

18 May 2021, 20:13

:D
ok, let me rephrase: For me I don't see a difference whether the option is on or off.

- In the fullscren view of the screenlist I can capture a frame on the fly in both cases.

- And in the multimedia view I cannot capture a frame. There is no additional item in the RMB menu or whatever.

BR
admin
Site Admin

19 May 2021, 08:28

When both the "Cache thumbnails in Multimedia View" option and the "Allow to select current animation frame..." option are OFF, then you can not select a currently animated frame as a Main Tile.
In all other cases you can.
When the "Cache thumbnails in Multimedia View" option is ON, the "Allow to select current animation frame..." option is greyed out and does not matter.