feature request for entry editing

All about the program
dweiss

08 Jun 2021, 04:11

How are you saving the new location, are you using the Move to Folder dialog(Right-Click > Files > Move to Folder)? Do you have any kind of filtering turned on?
I click the tool icon to edit the file entry, then I click on the camera icon to the left of the filename and then I choose the new path to the file and click ok. No filtering turned on at all and sort order is default alphabetical.
arcadia

13 Jun 2021, 02:12

dweiss wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 04:11
How are you saving the new location, are you using the Move to Folder dialog(Right-Click > Files > Move to Folder)? Do you have any kind of filtering turned on?
I click the tool icon to edit the file entry, then I click on the camera icon to the left of the filename and then I choose the new path to the file and click ok.
No filtering turned on at all and sort order is default alphabetical.

Now I am seeing the jump to the first page. It only happens if I have the Sort Order set to "Alphabetical" or "Alphabetical (Path)".
If I use the Move to Folder dialog it doesn't happen. If I use any other Sort Orders it doesn't happen.

In your case you are changing the file's path, but not the filename. Videonizer is re-sorting because it thinks you've changed the filename.
Maybe the application could be modified to not re-sort if someone is sorting using "Alphabetical" and changes the file's path, but not the filename.
No need to re-sort when the filename hasn't changed.

I would recommend using the arrow keys to jump close to the file you had selected, but I just noticed the arrow keys do not work if your selection is on a different page.
Maybe that could be fixed to help you some.

You could sort by "File's-date-time", If that works for you. That's all I can think of.
admin
Site Admin

15 Jun 2021, 15:46

Please try Videonzer 11.3.0.0.
arcadia

16 Jun 2021, 21:21

The new Instant Filtering toggle has already come in handy for me.
I can filter for tagless videos and then add tags here and there without the filter being reapplied. :thumbs:

I am curious if the update helped dweiss, since this is dweiss's thread.
arcadia

16 Jun 2021, 21:44

I am noticing some kind of conflict when I have Instant Filtering ticked OFF in the main window and Instant Filtering ticked ON in the File Name filter dialog.
Here is what I am seeing:
If I enter text in the File Name filter dialog and click OK, the filter is not applied.
If I then open up the File Name filter dialog again and click Cancel, the filter is applied.
That doesn't seem right.
admin
Site Admin

17 Jun 2021, 11:31

You are right, thank you for catching that.
admin
Site Admin

17 Jun 2021, 13:03

Please check Videonizer 11.3.0.1.