feature request for entry editing

All about the program
dweiss

31 May 2021, 05:03

Hello, I'm using v11.1.0.1 and most often use XL or 4K view for my videos. When using these view options I have over 20 pages of entries and have found that editing and confirming changes to an entry results in being sent back to the top of page one. Is there a way to maintain or hold the position on the current page after editing? For instance lets say I want to edit 2 videos on page 7. When I confirm the changes to the first video I am automatically sent back to the top of page one and then have to scroll through the pages to get back to page 7 and then find the next video that I wanted to edit. It would make things quicker and easier if the program remembered the current page and position.
admin
Site Admin

31 May 2021, 14:54

Hello,

Please specify all actions that lead to the jumping.
I am trying to understand in which cases it happens.
admin
Site Admin

01 Jun 2021, 19:33

Most likely that is because of your current Sort order.
dweiss

06 Jun 2021, 18:57

admin wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 19:33
Most likely that is because of your current Sort order.
I always use the default alphabetical sort order.
admin
Site Admin

06 Jun 2021, 19:17

Still can't reproduce the issue.
Please provide the list of actions.
arcadia

06 Jun 2021, 21:33

I have always had the same experience described in the original post. I believe this is being caused by the Filter options, not the Sort Order.

Currently if you are filtering to only show the "Comedy" tag, and you then remove the "Comedy" tag from one of the videos,
the database will be recalculated with that video removed from the list.
Since that video no longer exists with your current filter options you will be taken back to the first video in the database,
it will be selected.

The app should probably be modified to either recalculate the database with the closest item selected instead of the very first item in the database,
or to not recalculate the database at all, and have a button to refresh instead.

A temporary fix if this is the issue you are experiencing:
For some reason in the current version if you do an "Advanced" filter the database will NOT be recalculated after you remove a tag from a video.
This may help in your version. (Advanced filter was added in v11.0.0.0, a handy feature btw :)
dweiss

07 Jun 2021, 03:17

For me it happens most often if I move files around and then edit the entries to the new folder location. For example if I have a video in C:\Videos\New Movies\ and I move it to D:\Videos\ then do a "Rescan for files and folders" I always end up with two entries for the same video. The original entry that I had already edited with tags, actors, screenshots etc and then the new blank entry. Most often I will just delete the new one and then edit the old one to the new location as its just easier. Once I save the new location and click "Ok" I get sent back to the top of page one.

I no longer have the new movies folder being auto scanned in videonizer because I move files around quite a bit and editing the entries is a bit too time consuming.

Is there a way to auto search for duplicates? I've looked through the settings and db tools menus and can't see anything.
arcadia

07 Jun 2021, 16:34

I am sent back to the top of the current page if I do a "Rescan for Videos", even if no new videos are found. However, changing the location of a file doesn't move me at all.
How are you saving the new location, are you using the Move to Folder dialog(Right-Click > Files > Move to Folder)? Do you have any kind of filtering turned on?

Working with duplicates: Normally when you do a scan for new videos you would see a "Work with duplicates" button at the bottom of the dialog and you could merge the two entries together.
But, since you are deleting the video from its original location when you move it, I don't think you will be able to use the "Work with duplicates" feature since you don’t really have duplicate videos.
So I do not think the feature you mention currently exists.
admin
Site Admin

07 Jun 2021, 17:20

arcadia wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 21:33
For some reason in the current version if you do an "Advanced" filter the database will NOT be recalculated after you remove a tag from a video.
Thank you for catching that.
It looks I need to add an option to disable filter re-apply after changes in Items, becasue I am gonna fix the issue ;)
arcadia wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 16:34
I am sent back to the top of the current page if I do a "Rescan for Videos", even if no new videos are found.
And this one too.
gonzo_the_real

07 Jun 2021, 21:41

...would You then please also fix the issue of not-updating the file-list when You move a video-file to another location?
see "3rd topc" in https://www.suu-design.com/forum/viewto ... 4473#p4473

Many thanks :D