Screenlist & Photos question

All about the program
kaosnews

13 Oct 2021, 12:32

I have 2 question which I can't figure out:

1. Is there a way to filter videos without a screenlist. I know I can filter videos with a screenlist, but I want it the other way round.
2. I have every video in a seperate folder with a screenlist (VTX) and a photo (JPG). Is there a way to add all the photo's automatically to the correct video? If I use the 'rescan for photos' all the photos are added to 1 video.
Example structure:
Video01folder
- video01.mp4
- video01.mp4.vtx
- video01-photo.jpg
Video02folder
- video02.mp4
- video02.mp4.vtx
- video02-photo.jpg
admin
Site Admin

14 Oct 2021, 10:20

kaosnews wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 12:32
I have 2 question which I can't figure out:

1. Is there a way to filter videos without a screenlist. I know I can filter videos with a screenlist, but I want it the other way round.
2. I have every video in a seperate folder with a screenlist (VTX) and a photo (JPG). Is there a way to add all the photo's automatically to the correct video? If I use the 'rescan for photos' all the photos are added to 1 video.
Example structure:
Video01folder
- video01.mp4
- video01.mp4.vtx
- video01-photo.jpg
Video02folder
- video02.mp4
- video02.mp4.vtx
- video02-photo.jpg
1. You can use the right mouse button on the screenlist filter indicator to invert it.
2. How would the program know that your picture file (not a screenlist) has relation to the video file? Was the jpeg generated by VTM?
I can implement a setting something like "Once a folder contains only one video file and only one picture beside it, add the picture as a Photo to the Item".
kaosnews

14 Oct 2021, 11:45

admin wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:20
1. You can use the right mouse button on the screenlist filter indicator to invert it.
2. How would the program know that your picture file (not a screenlist) has relation to the video file? Was the jpeg generated by VTM?
I can implement a setting something like "Once a folder contains only one video file and only one picture beside it, add the picture as a Photo to the Item".
1. Oh that's simple and why did I not tried it! :)
2. Well yes that would be a solution. So if there is a picture (JPG/JPEG etc.) in the folder besides the video than thats a picture related to the video. Maybe a subfolder named pictures in the folder of the video then that could also be seen as pictures related to the video.
How does the program now checks if the picture is related if you use rescan?
admin
Site Admin

14 Oct 2021, 12:42

kaosnews wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 11:45
How does the program now checks if the picture is related if you use rescan?
In brief,
The "Rescan for Pictures" scans for new pictures in folders. That is for Picture Items, not for Video Items.
Screenlists are picked up using the embedded reference to the video file, or when screenlist is located beside its video file.
Also, as you can see in the Settings
autolink.png
autolink.png (3.6 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
In fact it is quite complicated, as you can see, for instance, in the "Scan for Screenlists in a Folder" feature hint (popup):
scan_for_screens.png
scan_for_screens.png (21.14 KiB) Viewed 5939 times