[Feature Request] Option for automatic tagging to consider both file name and folder path?

All about the program
letsgoooooo

01 Dec 2021, 21:51

Talking about DB Tools > Pick up known Tags, Artist and Sites

Example: I have the following 2 files:
C:\Vacation Photos\img.jpg
C:\Vacation Photos\vacation.jpg
I have a tag Vacation, the automatic tagging feature would tag "vacation.jpg" with Vacation, but wouldn't tag "img.jpg".
Would it be possible for the Autopick feature to also consider the filepath when assigning Tags, Artists, and Sites?
admin
Site Admin

03 Dec 2021, 14:35

Thank you for your request.
Need to analyze.
jstanton

17 Feb 2022, 01:11

I'll second this request. Numerous videos have been stored with the Artist name in the Folder which are incredibly time consuming to go and manually update. Adding in the ability to automatically recognize a period between words instead of the space, and automatically remove spaces would be a huge advantage as well.

For example,
Artist: Tom Cruise

Instead of having to manually put in an alias for 'TomCruise' and 'Tom.Cruise' can you add an option to automatically combine the words and replace spaces with a period during the scan?
Tupe

17 Feb 2022, 15:24

I basically agree with the feature request because I use the Tags menu in the same way to manage folders.
However, I do not think that is the right way to deal with this. I believe the Folder filter only needs Advanced mode, as other filters already have. The only problem is that AND, OR, NOT also needs the File / Folder / (Comment [I dont use this, but maybe others use?]) parameter.

Like:
Is in Folder ???
AND
Filename contain ???
OR
Filename contain ???
NOT
Folderneme contain ???

Also, I would like the ability to limit the search to a single folder, avoiding subfolders. Or is there already a way to do it?
As the search can be restricted to subfolders by "folder \"

To my understanding, auto-adding artists works just fine with "," and "." , but my problem has also been the names written together.

Thank You for this great program!
admin
Site Admin

16 Jan 2023, 00:34

jstanton wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 01:11
I'll second this request. Numerous videos have been stored with the Artist name in the Folder which are incredibly time consuming to go and manually update. Adding in the ability to automatically recognize a period between words instead of the space, and automatically remove spaces would be a huge advantage as well.

For example,
Artist: Tom Cruise

Instead of having to manually put in an alias for 'TomCruise' and 'Tom.Cruise' can you add an option to automatically combine the words and replace spaces with a period during the scan?
Implemented in Videonizer 19.0.0.0.
Qu4r05

07 Nov 2023, 16:24

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to make a request for adding something more to this database feature:

I have downloaded for example 5 videos from the site 'www.videvo.net' in the folder 'D:\videvo\' and added a site tag to these videos: 'www.videvo.net' when I added them to Videonizer for the first time.
Now I download 10 more videos from this site to the same folder and I add them to Videonizer with rescan 'DB Tools --> Rescan for Videos'. They are perfectly added as they are not already in the database.
However the site tag remains empty and I have to set them manually.

I thought that the function 'DB Tools --> Pickup known Tags, Artists and Sites' would fix this problem as the folder in which they are in already has old items tagged with the site tag 'www.videvo.net' and has the folder name 'videvo'?
However when I run this function nothing is found. Is there a possibility to add this functionality?
admin
Site Admin

14 Nov 2023, 21:36

Need to check. Thank you for the post.