js93

21 May 2020, 03:24

js93 wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 22:15
admin wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 11:39
js93 wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 02:43
Hi, I have a gold licence. H264/H265 encoding doesn't work in my case neither. After selecting H.264 or H265 it shows a progression of maximum 2 bars and afterwards it stops automatically with any output.
I checked the specs of my graphic card (c (GP107M)) through your link, my card is supposed to be compatible with this encoding however I cannot make it work. :cry:
Excellent software by the way.
Hi,
Please try to turn OFF mutithreading in animation Options.
Also please try to enable/disable the sound.
I will check the issue on my side.
Hi, I tried it but still it doesn't work.
Hello, I'm updating my last comment because for some strange reason the problem disappeared temporarily, I just decided to try again with the new update 14.2.00, I tried both animations with h264 and h265 with audio and without audio (with multithreading activated). No problem, it worked on every test. After a couple of days again it didn't work. Something must have changed in my computer that triggered the come back of this issue. Some information that may be useful:

-What I get when opening your file "Videocarddetector.exe": Intel (R) HD Graphics 630
-The information of my nvidia card according to CPU-Z: name (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050), code name (GP107), Memory 4GB
-The log of the issue:
[ANIM] [1:47:04 AM] .... [hevc_qsv @ 0309ec00] Error initializing an internal MFX session: unsupported (-3)
[ANIM] [1:47:04 AM] .... Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
[INFO] [1:47:04 AM] H265 animation: aborted

I modified the program to work with the Nvidia Card through the windows configuration setting "Graphic Settings" and rebooted to see if it occasionally works. No result. Still the same issue. At least now I know my card is compatible with the new h264, h265 animation features. However still don't know what are the circumstances that reproduce the problem. So far I cannot make it work. By the way Theora (.ogv) animation does work at least.
I hope you can bring more light on this issue. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

22 May 2020, 12:23

Thank you for your report.
Could you please provide the output of Videocarddetector for the second case?
I mean after switching from Intel to Nvidia.
js93

25 May 2020, 11:34

admin wrote:
I got the same result:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Not_detected
Press any key...
I think this is mainly because I didn't change the general configuration for the videocard, I chose from a windows setting the option to make VTM work with my Nvidia Card. In "Graphic settings" we can choose with wich videocard an specific app must work, but it is case by case, it doesn't change the configuration for all the apps.

Hello, I think I just found what the issue was, at least on my case. Checking "Fit to screen" in tiles parameters solved my issue so far. Please take a look to the attached or embedded image:

This is what I got in the log when selecting "25" as tile width and trying to produce the animation:

[ANIM] [10:08:07 AM] .... Output file #0 does not contain any stream
[INFO] [10:08:07 AM] H265 animation: aborted

This is a previous log I got when having the issue for the first time, it mentions "incorrect parameters such as [...] width or height" (does it have to do with the width and height of the frame tile?):

[ANIM] [1:47:04 AM] .... [hevc_qsv @ 0309ec00] Error initializing an internal MFX session: unsupported (-3)
[ANIM] [1:47:04 AM] .... Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

I guess my solution may be suitable for those who produce animations as a single frame and not within a tiles sheet and don't care about specific dimensions of the tile if the chosen one results in issues. I hope some people can reproduce or try to replicate the issue and my guess of solution in order to confirm where the issue comes from and the possible solution.
admin
Site Admin

26 May 2020, 08:03

@ js93
Thank you for your researches.
js93

15 Jul 2020, 19:58

js93 wrote:
25 May 2020, 11:34
admin wrote:
I got the same result:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Not_detected
Press any key...
I think this is mainly because I didn't change the general configuration for the videocard, I chose from a windows setting the option to make VTM work with my Nvidia Card. In "Graphic settings" we can choose with wich videocard an specific app must work, but it is case by case, it doesn't change the configuration for all the apps.

Hello, I think I just found what the issue was, at least on my case. Checking "Fit to screen" in tiles parameters solved my issue so far. Please take a look to the attached or embedded image:

This is what I got in the log when selecting "25" as tile width and trying to produce the animation:

[ANIM] [10:08:07 AM] .... Output file #0 does not contain any stream
[INFO] [10:08:07 AM] H265 animation: aborted

This is a previous log I got when having the issue for the first time, it mentions "incorrect parameters such as [...] width or height" (does it have to do with the width and height of the frame tile?):

I guess my solution may be suitable for those who produce animations as a single frame and not within a tiles sheet and don't care about specific dimensions of the tile if the chosen one results in issues. I hope some people can reproduce or try to replicate the issue and my guess of solution in order to confirm where the issue comes from and the possible solution.
Hello, I'm updating this thread. I have new doubts and hints about this issue that still keeps happening in version 15.1 VTM. Again the same message in the log file after unsuccessful animation H264: "incorrect parameters such as [...] width or height". I did not mention something in my old posts and that is I was using a secondary display, a wide LG display, thus not 16:9. After the unsuccessful animation and having read the log I decided to disconnect the secondary display and try again without modifying any parameter. Then it worked smoothly! Haven't done any other test so far, but I suspect the error in the log "incorrect parameters such as width or height" comes from that fact: a conflict in the resolution of the animation when a secondary display it's connected. Hope you can check in detail this issue. Greetings