Bug [?]: Last picture omitted some time

All about the program
fr!tz

01 Oct 2021, 19:13

As the title says, the last picture is some times omitted. Assume that my picture matrix has 24 images, only 23 images will be drawn and there is a gap for the 24th image. If I run the vtm multiple times on the same video, the last picture is sometimes there and sometimes not.

This seems to be caused by a setting of the 'advanced timeline control - special matrix', to be more specific, the 'Randomize actual positions at the rate of n% of the current timestamp' setting - may be in combination with 'cut last' setting active.

Two possible solutions for this, may be more:
a) Ensure that the last frame timestamp + n% is not longer than the movie duration. But that could reduce the range of the last image from - 5%/+5% to -5%/+1% or something similar.
b) A possibly better solution (but of course more complicated especially with all the other settings from the advanced timeline control like cut first and cut last) would be to "reduce" the movie duration by n% at the start and beginning before calculating the image timestamps, that way the first image - n% would be the very frist frame and the last image + n% would be the very last frame.
admin
Site Admin

06 Oct 2021, 12:49

Can't reproduce the issue.
Could you please export your Options and post it here?
The video file would also be great (you can share the file with me using Private Messages).
admin
Site Admin

10 Oct 2021, 15:14

It look like the last tile could be ommited due to the "Try Substituting for any color frames" (Options -> Advances Timeline Control).
admin
Site Admin

21 Oct 2021, 15:14

Please check VTM 16.2.0.0.
The behavior should be improved.
o3388076

20 Sep 2023, 19:13

https://dropmefiles.com/MqBSq file sample. NSFW.
Preset with 24 tiles.
With option Try Substituting for any color frames enabled, we get 2 last tiles being empty.
With option Try Substituting for any color frames disabled, all tiles are presented.

Console output.

Code: Select all

File 1: ...\bb569.mp4
Black frame is detected, trying to substitute
I'm suspecting this has something to do with file itself.
Not a huge deal, more like an observation. But would nice to know what's the reason why it happens.

-
Shall I reupload file?