-02:-48:-05 bug

All about the program
DimsumDynamite

10 May 2023, 21:11

I remember a while back there used to be this bug where when you choose shots manually on a wmv file, the times for every single thumbnail image was -02:48:05. I've now noticed this with mp4 files for the very first time. I'm not sure what's causing it. For example if you drag and drop a video and then just click "start", the thumbnail sheet has the correct timestamps for each thumbnail. If you right click on the video and choose "(Codec-independent) Choose Shots Manually" and then click "auto", all the timestamps say "-02:-48:-05" even though the thumbnails will be at the correct spots throughout the video. Now if you choose "(Codec-Dependent) Choose Shots Manually" and then click "auto", all the thumbnails will be correct and all the timestamps will be correct.

Obviously the solution can be, just use the "(Codec-Dependent) Choose Shots Manually" option, however I much prefer the layout of "(Codec-independent) Choose Shots Manually" as it gives me much more precise control over the frames. I hope you can look into this and figure something out. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

11 May 2023, 17:00

Thank you for the update.
I need a sample (please no shock content).
DimsumDynamite

11 May 2023, 20:44

admin wrote:
11 May 2023, 17:00
Thank you for the update.
I need a sample (please no shock content).
I've sent a download link of a video example to you PM, thanks!
DimsumDynamite

14 May 2023, 00:09

Another issue I recently noticed that is new on the output image text field is there is always a space between the 1st and 2nd numbers of a file that exceeds 999Mb in file size.

Example;

In the older versions, this gap didn't appear so I would appreciate it if the gap could be closed so that it reads "2969.82 MB" and NOT "2 969.82MB". It just looks weird with the numbers separated like that. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

15 May 2023, 20:50

The funny thing I did that for purpose :)
Ok, I can disable it for sizes in Megabytes and leave it only for sizes in bytes.
DimsumDynamite

09 Jun 2023, 16:37

In the "Appearance and Confirmations" settings, for the option, "Display confirmation dialog when deleting items" - can this also include for the following scenario. When you right click on a video and choose either "choose shots manually" option. If you click "Auto" on either one but then decide to discard the thumbnails by click X, you get prompted with a box to confirm you want to discard the selection. I know if you click "CLEAR ALL" and then click X, you don't see this popup anymore. It's just 1 extra click reduction to help workflow. So it could have either a 2nd line in "Appearance and Confirmations" settings like "Display confirmation dialog when closing window" so it can be selected separately. This way if people want the security of the warning, they can leave it as is and for those of us who want to work faster, can remove the extra click.
admin
Site Admin

10 Jun 2023, 09:36

DimsumDynamite wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:37
In the "Appearance and Confirmations" settings, for the option, "Display confirmation dialog when deleting items" - can this also include for the following scenario. When you right click on a video and choose either "choose shots manually" option. If you click "Auto" on either one but then decide to discard the thumbnails by click X, you get prompted with a box to confirm you want to discard the selection. I know if you click "CLEAR ALL" and then click X, you don't see this popup anymore. It's just 1 extra click reduction to help workflow. So it could have either a 2nd line in "Appearance and Confirmations" settings like "Display confirmation dialog when closing window" so it can be selected separately. This way if people want the security of the warning, they can leave it as is and for those of us who want to work faster, can remove the extra click.
I will check, maybe a second button to close without confirmation, or Shift+Click or Shift+Esc could also be an option. I will check different scenarios.
DimsumDynamite

26 Jun 2023, 00:49

admin wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 09:36
I will check, maybe a second button to close without confirmation,
Thanks for considering it! My issue is that if you put a 2nd button that closes without confirmation, and someone accidentally presses that instead of the normal "X" that will show the safety prompt, then they will lose their work/effort anyway. So by offering an option within settings as I mentioned above, this would be best because then those that don't mind can speed up workflow and those that want to be safe will always get prompted.
or Shift+Click or Shift+Esc could also be an option. I will check different scenarios.
I would prefer that it not be a keyboard/mouse combination. I mean if you want to add it as a keyboard shortcut as well, in addition to a click only option after enabling the option via settings, then that is fine. The point is that right now you can use the program without requiring keyboard shortcuts so it should remain that way in my eyes. This is why I strongly feel that an option in settings as mentioned above is probably the best approach.
admin
Site Admin

28 Jan 2024, 01:13

Some improvements have been made in VTM 25.0.0.0.
Please check.
EricC1001

02 Mar 2024, 14:31

On the topic of deletion safety one thing I really would like to see (if it wasn't done, i'm afraid of the Delete button in VT Xviewer now) is "Delete to Recycle Bin" instead of permanent. I accidentally lost a file that way once and was super sad about it. I dabble in VB coding myself and the line of code for to-recycle-bin is long and a little weird but not complex and easy to copy/paste and just have work.