Timeline (Creating a Begining to End timeline selection)

All about the program
Porl

06 Jun 2014, 15:24

It would be a great idea to create a timeline selection if you want thumbnails created from a certain portion of a video to get the desired image or images.

I have many documentaries recorded from TV in HD and would like to create thumbnails of the title screen for my media center. There are just too many of them to manually play and search through each one for the title screen and grab it via Print Scrn.

The title screens can pop up from a few seconds into the documentary to a few minutes. Using your program I would have to get a screen shot every 1 second in order to make sure I get the title screen I am after. Imagine doing this for a 1 hour documentary and it would produce 3600 thumbnails in order to get the one I am after. Multiply this by the many documentaries I have using the batch process!

Using a timeline selector would greatly reduce this as I would set it from 0 mins to 3 mins, thus excluding the portion of the unwanted video. I am sure there are other uses for using a timeline selector to get the desired thumnails.

If there is a program that can batch process videos to find the title screen and grab it, then please point me in the right direction as I have tried searching for this everywhere with no luck!

This software does have a begining time selection but no end selection.

This Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp is the best thumbnail maker I have come across, the timeline selector would be a much welcome addition to this already brilliant peice of engineered software! :D
bluna

06 Jun 2014, 15:34

Example: Video 20 min.
Requested feature: Make thumbs only from the first 5 min.
sculkin

06 Jun 2014, 16:07

Yeah I'd love this feature.
admin
Site Admin

06 Jun 2014, 16:14

Stay tuned :)