hi, a couple of questions from newbie

All about the program
kennysiu

11 Sep 2014, 06:15

hi I am newbie home user to VTM and I've just bought a silver license for 1 PC. I'd like to know if I apply 'Extreme' or other engines, would it ruin my hardware or the computer speed?

Another thing is - I tried last night and the outcome pictures are somehow 200-300kb. I used auto-height. Is there any way to further optimize the size of the image? I am ok with the image as long as it's within the screen, not necessarily fitting the screen to its edge.

Thanks a lot.
admin
Site Admin

11 Sep 2014, 23:03

kennysiu wrote:hi I am newbie home user to VTM and I've just bought a silver license for 1 PC. I'd like to know if I apply 'Extreme' or other engines, would it ruin my hardware or the computer speed?
Hi.
VTM system requirements are not high.
I have never experienced any problems on PC like yours (Core -5, Win 7, 8 GB RAM).
kennysiu wrote:Another thing is - I tried last night and the outcome pictures are somehow 200-300kb. I used auto-height. Is there any way to further optimize the size of the image? I am ok with the image as long as it's within the screen, not necessarily fitting the screen to its edge.
You can change jpeg quality in Environment window (F3 hotkey).