[Suggestions], [Bugfixes], [Questions]

All about the program
Marcolino

11 Dec 2020, 21:44

First of all: Thanks for that incredible program. Have been using it for months now. I´m so glad that I found and bought it, I´ve seached so long
for that. It´s probably THE best multimedia database editor/viewer out there.

[Suggestions]

- Videonizer Website
> Could you add dates to the versions in the changelog? :)
> The ability to download older versions would be also cool
Example: You upgraded to the new version, theres a huge bug for your device and you want to switch back
but you deleted the old version long ago from the download folder.
> Enable https for all the websites? For a more secure feeling ;) "Not encrypted warning message on the forum login"

-Videonizer
> Darkmode for the whole Videonizer, or only for the main video-area if it takes to long to edit all the stuff.
> The option to set a custom background image (and/or colour) for the main area where you can view all your videos and stuff (right after startup)
therefore it would be maybe also good if the user has the option to make the box around the video transparent
> The option to select the colour of the text for the genres in the genres tab, that you can find them quicker if you don´t want to search.
> It was me a few months ago who suggested the startup-filter, I maybe have an inprovement for that. It would be cool if there is an
option in the settings of videonizer, like "remember last selection" that the program starts exactly like you left it and you don´t have to add a new filter all the time if you have
changed some stuff on your prefered default selected options. (Current page, selected genre/artists and so on..(maybe even the current scroll position and marked video))
That would be awesome :D
> The option to automatially scale the vertical videos. I have the 16:9 ratio on the main video area and the thumnails of the 16:9 videos
fill out the "video-box" perfect (+padding). But the vertical ones are much smaller. An auto scale option in the settings of videonizer would be cool.
Not something like that the thumbnails have to be recreated due that, only a zoom that triggers if the video doesnt fit the whole video-box around it.

[Bugfixes]

- "Hover Infoboxes" are not in the right positon on a 4K-Monitor.
(Screenshot attached, my mouse was over "Editor-Mode")

[Questions]

- I have Videonizer on my Pc and on my tablet (Surface 7). When I move the database from my Pc to the tablet, I also always copy the thumbnail
cache file from the Pc in the appdata-directory to the tablet too, cause some of the custom set thumbnails are default again on the tablet and not the one I choose on Pc
when I copy only the database. Not a big deal, but this maybe can be fixed.

- Is there also an option to encrypt the thumbnail-cache file? (even more safety)

Greetings from Germany

//sorry if the grammar isn´t 100% accurate
Attachments
I love videonizer.jpg
I love videonizer.jpg (52.73 KiB) Viewed 7135 times
Last edited by Marcolino on 15 Dec 2020, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

13 Dec 2020, 09:37

Hello,

Thank you for your feeback!
Could you add dates to the versions in the changelog? :)
> The ability to download older versions would be also cool
Example: You upgraded to the new version, theres a huge bug for your device and you want to switch back
but you deleted the old version long ago from the download folder.
Usually there are bugs and I do not want anybody to use older versions ;)
Maybe I will also let to download the previous version.
Enable https for all the websites? For a more secure feeling ;) "Not encrypted warning message on the forum login"
Please check.
The connection should be encrypted as for now ;)
Please report if you find any broken links or HTTP urls instead of HTTPS.

Regarding the features and bugs.
Need to check, but I am short of time at the moment. Would like to implement at least some of your requests.
Is there also an option to encrypt the thumbnail-cache file? (even more safety)
The purpose of the cache file is to speed-up things, not to slow them down;)
But I could try to add that option (as a "not recommended") for you.
I have Videonizer on my Pc and on my tablet (Surface 7). When I move the database from my Pc to the tablet, I also always copy the thumbnail
cache file from the Pc in the appdata-directory to the tablet too, cause some of the custom set thumbnails are default again on the tablet and not the one I choose on Pc
when I copy only the database. Not a big deal, but this maybe can be fixed.
Do you mean the "Set this Tile as Main Tile" feature?
Marcolino

15 Dec 2020, 14:34

Usually there are bugs and I do not want anybody to use older versions ;)
Maybe I will also let to download the previous version.
I can understand that :)
Please check.
The connection should be encrypted as for now ;)
Please report if you find any broken links or HTTP urls instead of HTTPS.
Yes, its encrypted now :) I´ll let you know if I find sth.
Regarding the features and bugs.
Need to check, but I am short of time at the moment. Would like to implement at least some of your requests.
No problem, that would be cool :)
The purpose of the cache file is to speed-up things, not to slow them down;)
But I could try to add that option (as a "not recommended") for you.
Agreed. But would be still intersting if it works. But this has no high priority (for me at least)
Do you mean the "Set this Tile as Main Tile" feature?
Yes exactly.

-Btw. is it possible to send you maybe a new rating icon in the future? (like the other star icons)
Only if it´s good of course and if it fits to Videonizer.
What size are they? 64 x 64px ?

Thx
admin
Site Admin

15 Dec 2020, 17:26

Marcolino wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 14:34
-Btw. is it possible to send you maybe a new rating icon in the future? (like the other star icons)
Only if it´s good of course and if it fits to Videonizer.
What size are they? 64 x 64px ?
You can send it anytime. 32x32 is enough.